Margie H. Verbal Emergency Scholarship Fund is designed to assist graduating seniors who experience emergency financial need to graduate in Spring 2021.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale;
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and must have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by their college or university;
- Be Majoring in engineering or education;
- Experience emergency financial need that prevents students from paying the outstanding balance on the their school bill in order to graduate.
- Attend a UNCF member institution located in North Carolina, with preference given to students attending Shaw University.
Applicants must submit the online application, including the following application materials:
I. One letter of recommendation from faculty member who is familiar with the applicant's academic abilities.
II. One-page personal statement about the financial need. For details, please go to Essay Section;
III. Current transcript.
IV. A copy of the outstanding bill from their institution.
Selected students will receive up to $2,500 need based scholarship in the Spring 2021.
If you have questions, please email William Dunham.