The UNCF/Nissan Scholarship provides a scholarship opportunity for college freshman enrolled at any Historically Black College or University (HBCU) commencing Fall 2021. The scholarship program provides a total award of $10,000 over 4 years ($2,500 /academic year). To be eligible students must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be curren high school seniors who will be enrolled as college freshman at a Historically Black College (HBCU) or any UNCF-affiliated institution in the Fall of 2021.
2. Applicants must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
3. Applicants must be pursuing a degree in engineering, business, marketing, information technology and/or finance.
4. Preference shall be given to candidates TN, MS, MI, TX, and the metro area surrounding San Diego, CA.
* Must submit online application
* 1 letter of recommendation; from teacher, guidance counselor familiar with applicant's academic ability, civic or community leader
* 1-page personal statement on your personal objectives and community service experience
* Copy of current official/unofficial high school transcript
To renew the scholarship, you must:
* Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Continue to be enrolled full-time as a degree seeking candidate in good personal and academic standing at a Historically Black College (HBCU) or any UNCF-affiliated institution
* Continue to be pursuing a degree in engineering, business, marketing, information technology and/or finance.
Selected candidates may be invited by Nissan Corporation to participate in enrichment programs or internship opportunities.
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender, the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
Notifications for all selected applicants will be sent out 6-8 weeks after the close of the program. For questions, please email Jeff Darden II.