The Delta Air Lines Foundation in partnersip with UNCF has established a scholarship program for students who reside in or are permanent residents of the State of New York. The scholarship is open to freshmen through 5th year seniors.
Recipients will be awarded a one-time need-based scholarship of up to $4,400 for the 2018-2019 academic year.
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at any U.S located, accredited 4-year college or university
- Be of any undergraduate classification from freshman through 5the year senior
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Reside in or be a permanent resident of the State of New York
- Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need
- Complete a student online application
- If you are a graduating high school senior entering your freshman year during the 2018-2019 academic school, please select freshman as your classification
- One to two-page essay describing your financial need for the scholarship and how it will impact the pursuit of your education
- Current transcript
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member or university/college administrator
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
If you have any questions, please email Jeff Darden II