UNCF/KOCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The UNCF/Koch Scholars Program (UKSP) explores how principled entrepreneurship, innovation, and the economic way of thinking contribute to the well-being of individuals, communities and societies. The program combines scholarship support, online learning and networking opportunities to yield a comprehensive student experience.
Competitively selected applicants will earn the following benefits:
* Up to $5,000/year in scholarship support for up to four years of undergraduate study
* Exclusive access to an online learning community
* Mentoring and networking opportunities
Applicants to the UNCF/Koch Scholars Program (UKSP) are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
* High school senior or college freshman
* Currently attending, or planning to attend, an eligible four year college or university
* Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
* U.S citizenship or permanent residency
* Interest in principled entrepreneurship, innovation and the economic way of thinking
* Commitment to participating in the online community
* Commitment to attending the all expenses-paid Annual Summit
**Important Note: Please scroll down, view the supporting documents section, click the "UKSP Eligible Institutions" document and view the program's list of eligible schools. This document will enable you to determine if your current institution, or expected institution, will deem you eligible for this opportunity.
All required fields, including six essays must be completed in the student application.
The student application requires three uploads/attachments:
* High school or college transcript
* Student Aid Report (SAR)
* Financial Aid Award Letter
Note: The Student Aid Report (SAR) will be made available to you upon completion of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or will be available online if you filed electronically. Please submit all pages, including explanatory notes. Incomplete reports cannot be considered.
Note: The Financial Aid Award Letter from your selected institution spells out the details of your financial aid package. A financial aid package is a collection of different types of financial aid from multiple sources. It is intended to help you fill the gap between your ability to pay, your expected family contribution (EFC), and college costs, or the cost of attendance (COA).
In addition to completing the student application, you must also:
* Obtain one letter of recommendation
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at (202) 810-0258.