The Zenobia V. Brooker Scholarship was established to assist students who wants to pursue a career in teaching. With this financial support, students will be able to bridge the financial gap and persist with their college education. This scholarship will be disbursed for the 2021-2022 school year.
Recipients will be notified in writing within six weeks after the closing date.
The applicaiton is now open for the 2021-2022 academic year and students will be awarded in the Fall Term of 2021. Application for the program must meet the following requirements:
*Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
*Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).
* Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college or university.
*Be a college sophomore (a rising junior, class of 2023) at the time of application, and enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year college or university.
*Be an African American student majoring in elementary or secondary education.
*Be a US citizen.
*As part of the application process, provide proof of 15 hours of completed community service hours, and in each semester thereafter while receiving the scholarship.
For consideration, application must be submitted online and include the following:
1. A response to essay prompt regarding career interests/goals in education/teaching and why.
2. A current copy of your college transcript (unofficial copy can be submitted).
3. A completed online reference verifying participation in community service
4. An online academic recommendation completed by a professor.
Preferences shall be given to the following candidates:
1. Students who graduated from a DCPS high school are encouraged to apply.
For assistance on how to complete a reference form, please click the link under the Supporting Documents.
For more information, please contact Yves Pierre at email@example.com.