Public Relations Internship, Mentoring, and Education (PRIME) Scholars Program
The PRIME Scholars Program, sponsored in partnership with the PRSA Foundation, provides internships, professional development training, and education in the PR field to college students at specified colleges and universities. Candidates will be selected to intern at PRIME sponsored public relation firms for summer 2016.
Public Relations made the short list of Best Creative and Media Jobs!
- *Paid summer internships at leading PR firms and corporate communications departments (Summer 2016)
- *Participation in the UNCF Student Leadership Conference (SLC) prior to reporting to the internship site (travel expenses paid to and from the Student Leadership Conference scheduled June 2016 in Washington, DC)
- *Access to PR Training through Quickstart - an online public relations industry training program
- *Matched with mentors from the A.W. Page Society PageUp Program and internal mentor at the PRIME sponsor organization
- *Professional career coaching
- *African American College Student
- *Enrollment classification must be junior (rising senior) or graduating senior (May 2016) at the time of application
- *Cumulative GPA minimum 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- *Demonstrated leadership skills
- *Majoring in communications, journalism, English, political science, economics, sociology, or psychology
- *Strong writing skills - Upload a recent paper/report graded by your class professor
- *Recommendation from a faculty member at the student's college or university that speaks to the applicants critical thinking skills
Interested students must complete the online application, upload a current unofficial transcript and upload a current resume. Semi-finalists will be required to complete and online writing assessment and placement interview before final selection.