The Dallas Mavericks are providing five (5) merit-based scholarships to students from the Dallas, Texas area, who are currently attending or planning to attend any Historically Black College or University this fall.
The Dallas Maverick Scholarship program opportunity is a one-time award of up to $4,400.00 for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Be an admitted student who is planning to attend any accredited HBCU, or currently enrolled as a full-time college student of undergraduate classification during the 2022-2023 school year
- One (1) recipient must be attending Paul Quinn College in Dallas, Texas
- Be a permanent resident of the Dallas, Texas area
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 grade point average
- Submit a completed online application
- Write a one-page personal statement (essay) of career interest
- Submit a current a academic transcript (unofficial or official)
- One letter of recommendation is required.
Please note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For alternative submission instructions, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
If you have any questions, please email Jeff Darden II