The Nevada Scholarship Program was established to financially support students from Nevada who are enrolling in HBCU's in the fall of 2019. Applicants must be permanent residents of the metropolitan Las Vegas region in order to be considered for this program.
Candidates for this scholarship must meet the following criteria in order to be eligbile for this scholarship:
* Possess a minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
* Complete a FAFSA for the upcoming school year
* Have a demonstrated unmet need as demonstrated by the FAFSA
* Be a permanent resident of the metropolitan Las Vegas region in the state of Nevada
* Be a graduating high senior (class of 2019)
Upon verification of candidacy, the following elements must be submitted in order to have an application status of complete:
* Completed online application
* One page personal statement of career interests
* One recommendation letter (please INVITE your reference to complete the online REFERENCE FORM) See the instructions posted under the Supporting Documents section.
* Unofficial high school transcript
* Copy of the student aid report from the FAFSA
* Submission of the letter of acceptance from intended college or university
* submission of the financial aid award letter from intended college or university
For questions, please contact Kenya A. Gray, Senior Relationship Manager