Blanche Ford Endowment Scholarship Fund
The Blanche Ford Endowment Scholarship Fund was established in memory of Blanche Elizabeth Ford as a tribute to the love, grace, and compassion that she exemplified.The Blanche Elizabeth Ford Memorial Scholarship Fund provides up to $10,000 need-based scholarship awards renewable through university graduation.
Eligible applicants for the Blanche Ford Endowment Scholarship Fund must:
- Be college sophomore enrolled full time at one of the 37 UNCF member institutions beginning fall 2020.
- Be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Must complete FAFSA and have an unmet financial need as determined by the financial aid office of their respective UNCF college or university.
- Submit current transcript,
- Have evidence of community service commitment/involvement. A central focus of the Blanche Ford Endowment Scholarship Fund is service. Please click at the Community Service on the right hand side, below the SUPPORTING DOCUMENT,and make certain to watch the short video clip on the meaning of community service. Use this as an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding and knowledge of service and our commitment to each other in our day-to-day living. Please consider what you learn from the video as you engage in your own service efforts. And always remember service is a way of life not just a finite event.
For award consideration, applicants must submit the online application, including essay, transcript and one letter of recommendation from a person who is familiar with the applicant's volunteer/community service involvement.
Select students will receive a need-based scholarship, up to $10,000 annually, through graduation, based on availability of funds. In addition, the select students are required to complete, at minimum, 20-25 hours of community service annually at a non-profit organization of their choice. The students are encouraged to undertake the community service at different organizations each year, so they have a diversified exposure to service.
For additional questions please email Girmu Habte.