FOR INVITATION ONLY to HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN A BEST BUY TEEN TECH CENTER OR BEST BUY ACADEMIC PARTNER PROGRAM.
The UNCF/Best Buy Scholars Program is a multi-year partnership that seeks to achieve the following:
- * Reduce financial barriers to a college degree for low-income students with high academic and leadership promise who have significant financial need.
- * Create a pipeline of college-educated minority professionals poised to assume fulfilling careers in the consumer electronics retail industry
* Scholarship – Up to $20,000 per academic year, renewable for three years
* College Success Coach – aimed at supporting the student’s academic progress and professional development
* Online Learning Community – online resources to empower and prepare scholars for academic and personal success
* Early Career Coaching
* Attendance at UNCF Student Leadership Conference
* Best Buy E-Mentor
* Possible Internship Opportunities at Best Buy Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
* High School seniors who are actively participating in a Best Buy Teen Tech Center or key Best Buy Academic Partner. Make sure to identify your participation from the drop-down menu in the application.
* The selection process will focus first on students from Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri or Ohio captured from your permanent state address entered in the application.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must be African-American with intentions to enroll full-time in the academic year 2021-2022 at a HBCU. Preference will be given to students who enroll at Central State University, Howard University, Tennessee State University, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University or Fisk University.
* Must have a minimum cumulative high school 2.5 GPA (unweighted) on a 4.0 scale.
* Must have financial need; preference will be given to students who are Pell Grant eligible.
* Must have interest in one of the following majors: Business,Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Marketing, Finance, Data Science/Analytics, Communications, Supply Chain ( Supply Chain Management), Operations, Economics, Management Information Sciences, Risk Management, Cyber Security, Business Communications, Information Technology Infrastructure, Applied Mathematics & Statistics, Product Design, User Experience, Retail Merchandising, Network and Security.
* Must submit a personal essay that describes your career goals and aspirations.
* The recommendation must be submitted by a Tech Center Coordinator, or Career Pathways Facilitator.
* Must upload current high school transcript.
* Must complete the online application - Click the "Apply" tab above to get started!
Contact Crystal Terry - firstname.lastname@example.org