The MUFG Union Bank Scholarship Program was established by the Union Bank Foundation in partnership with the UNCF. The Union Bank Scholarship Program is available to college sophomore who enroll full-time student at any UNCF member institution, other Historically Black College or University (HBCU), or a U.S. located, accredited four-year institution beginning fall 2021.
MUFG Union Bank Scholarship Program Eligibility Criteria Requirements:
Eligible applicants for the MUFG Union Bank Scholarship Program must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a minimum cumulative weighted grade point average of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- Major in accounting, banking, business, computer information systems, cyber security, economics, finance, human resources, information technology, or software engineering.
- Be a sophomore in the Fall 2021 semester.
- Be a full-time student enrolled at any UNCF member institution, other Historically Black College or University (HBCU), or a U.S. located, accredited four-year institution.
- Preference will be given to permanent residents or students from schools located in of Arizona, California, New Jersey, New York and North Carolina.
MUFG Union Bank Scholarship Program Application Requirement
For scholarship award consideration, all applicants must submit the MUFG Union Bank Scholarship Program online application by the applicable deadline (January 13, 2022), complete with the following application materials:
- one letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
- 300-word essay personal statement stating their career aspirations.
- Official transcript.
MUFG Union Bank Scholarship Program Letter of Reference Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a faculty member or administrator. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Selected students will received merit-based scholarship of $5,280.00 in the spring 2022.
For additional information or question, contact Girmu Habte