The Minneapolis MLK Legacy Scholarship Program was established by the General Mills Foundation in partnership with UNCF. The scholarship will include renewable need-based awards to students who are permanent residents in the state of Minnesota and reside in the zip codes of 55411 or 55412.
This scholarship will provide a renewable award of up to $5,250.00 for 4 years beginning in the 2017-2018 academic school year.
The program is open to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA")form.
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by college or university.
- Reside or be a permanent resident of the state of Minnesota and reside in the zip codes of 55411 or 55412.
- Be a U.S. citizen who is African American or Hispanic.
- Be an entering freshman who, in priority order, has been accepted and who is planning to enroll full-time at any UNCF member institution, other Historically Black College or University or an accredited four-year institution.
- Complete the student online application
- Submit a one-page personal statement of career interest
- Provide a current transcript
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation
To renew the scholarship you must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Continue to have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by or university.
- Be enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year institution.
- Continue to have permanent residence in the state of Minnesota and reside in the zip codes of 55411 or 55412.
If you have any questions, please email Jeff Darden II