Duke Energy, in partnership with UNCF, has established the Duke Energy Scholarship Program to provide 11 need-based scholarships of up to $4,000 to students who reside in Vigo, Hendricks, Johnson, and Wayne Counties in the state of Indiana.
Students will be awarded in the 2021 - 2022 academic school year.
- Have a required minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident.
- Be enrolled full time at any UNCF member institution, other HBCU, or an accredited four-year institution.
- Have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have a demonstrated unmet financial need, as verified by the applicant's academic institution.
- Reside or be a permanent resident of Vigo, Hendricks, Johnson, or Wayne Counties, IN.
- Submit a completed application form
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
- Write a one-page personal statement of career interest.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a non-relative. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact Martha Bryant (firstname.lastname@example.org).