UNCF/Carnival Corporate Scholars Program
The UNCF/Carnival Corporate Scholars Program, sponsored in partnership with Carnival Corporation, is seeking college sophomores and Juniors with an interest in pursuing a career in the hospitality industry and whose experience in their first two years of college demonstrates leadership and strategic and analytical ability. Candidates will be selected to participate in a two-year scholarship and internship at various Carnival Corporation host sites for summer 2018.
- *Paid summer internships with two-year commitment at Carnival Corporation
- *Two-year renewal scholarships up to $5,000 based on financial need
- *Participation in UNCF Student Leadership Conference (SLC) | Students selected for an internship can participate in a four-day professional development and leadership conference in Washington, D.C. prior to the start of their internship. The SLC aims to provide a framework and forum for equipping students with the skill sets that they will need to be successful as interns and early career professionals.
During SLC, participants will:
* Enhance critical thinking skills
* Develop stronger project management abilities
* Improve verbal and written communication
* Sharpen workplace productivity
* Hone quality workplace readiness and etiquette
* Improve networking skills
* Experience highly motivating industry, corporate and national leaders
- *Career Coaching | Interns are assigned a professional coach whom they meet in-person during the Student Leadership Conference (if appropriate) and continue to work with virtually over the course of their summer internship experience. Interns engage in four curricula units that prepare them for a successful internship and subsequent employment experience. Interns are monitored by their assigned coaches and program staff on their progress and given constructive feedback throughout the internship.
All qualified participants of the UNCF/Carnival Corporate Scholars Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- *Minority sophomore or junior undergraduate student enrolled full-time at a U.S. located, accredited four-year institution or a transfer student from a community college that has been accepted into an accredited four-year college or university. Community College Students should select 4-year under the enrollment status within the application.
- *Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale | Minimum GPA of 3.0 required for renewal
- *U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- *Majoring in hospitality management and/or administration, tourism, culinary arts, business, finance, communications, marketing, information technology, statistics, or other related field
Students shall submit an online application, complete with letters of recommendation from a faculty/administrator and previous employer (a supervisor from a volunteer experience is also acceptable), a one-page personal statement of career goals that specifically addresses why they are considering the UNCF/Carnival Corporate Scholars Program; and a current transcript.