The UNCF JanSport Scholarship program is designed to provide financial support for undergraduate freshman students enrolled full-time at a UNCF member HBCU and interested in pursuing a degree program aligned with Social Science, Liberal Arts, Creative Arts, Design or Business.
Scholarship recipients will receive a a need-based scholarship for up to $4,400.00 for the 2021 - 2022 academic year.
- Have a required minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
- Have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Be a U.S. based high school senior accepted into or enrolled full-time as a freshman at any UNCF member HBCU.
- Interested in pursuing a degree program aligned with one of the following areas of study:
- Social Science
- Liberal Arts
- Creative Arts
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
- A one-page essay. (see application for details)
- An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance:
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a non-relative. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application closing date.
If you have questions about this scholarship, contact Martha Bryant (firstname.lastname@example.org).