AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges when it really matters.
Developed in partnership with UNCF, the AlixPartners/UNCF Scholarship Program will provide need-based scholarships to college juniors with a declared major in accounting, analytics, business, engineering, finance, math, or technology. This scholarship will be awarded for the 2022-2023 academic year, and is renewable for up to one (1) year for recipients who continue to meet eligibility requirements. Applicant contact information and resume will be shared with the scholarship Grantor.
- Be African American/Black, and a US citizen or permanent US resident.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have a declared major in accounting, analytics, business, engineering, finance, math, or technology.
- Be currently classified as a college sophomore and will be enrolled full-time as a college junior for the 2022-2023 academic year at one of the following:
- Any UNCF member institution, with preference given to students attending Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse College, and Spelman College; or
- Any of the following non-UNCF member HBCUs: Florida A&M University, Hampton University, Howard University, North Carolina A&T State University, and Tennessee State University.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a demonstrated unmet financial need, as verified by the applicant’s institution.
- An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
- A 1-page essay (see application for details).
- A current resume.
- One (1) letter of recommendation (must not be a friend or relative of the applicant).
Letter of Recommendation Instructions
Applicants must log in to their UNCF student account, go to the Application Status page, and select Invite Reference to invite a Reference to submit a recommendation. Applicants must check the Application Status page for recommendation status. Applicants should invite an alternate Reference if the first is unresponsive.
Because the "Invite Reference" feature may be blocked by a firewall, applicants should immediately email the How to Submit a Letter of Recommendation document to their Reference (the download link is on the right side of this page under “Supporting Documents”).
Additional Scholarship Information
- UNCF will contact finalists' institutions to verify their eligibility. Ineligible applicants cannot be awarded. Applicants who do not meet all listed eligibility and application requirements should not apply.
- Application materials, including letters of recommendation, will not be accepted via email.
- Unless specified above, scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the recipient’s institution.
- For login, password, or other account issues, please contact 202-810-0258 or email@example.com from 9am-5pm EST.
- Scholarship decisions will be emailed to applicants within 12 weeks of the application deadline.
- Questions about this scholarship that have not been answered above may be submitted to Brandi Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.