To assist individuals wishing to pursue a career in the life sciences, Intellia Therapeutics has partnered with UNCF to offer the Intellia Therapeutics - UNCF Scholarship Program.
This scholarship opportunity, which is funded by Intellia Therapeutics, Inc, is available to students of any classification, enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year college or university and pursing or majoring in the life sciences which includes: biochemistry, biomedical engineering, biology, chemistry, chemical and physical biology, cellular, molecular, and developmental biology, plant biology entomology and microbiology.
Scholarship recipients will receive a one-time need-based scholarship up to $5,000 for the 2022–2023 academic year.
- Be African American/ Black, LatinX or Indigenous/Native American
- Have a required minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
- Have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by their college or university
- Be a student of any classification, enrolled full-time at any accredited four-year college or university.
- Pursuing or majoring in life sciences which includes: biochemistry, biomedical engineering, biology, chemistry, chemical and physical biology, cellular, molecular, and developmental biology, plant biology entomology and microbiology.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a professor or community leader.
- A 500 – 750 essay. (see application for details)
- A current academic transcript.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a professor or community leader. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions in September of 2022. If you have questions about this scholarship, contact Wayne Wilson II (email@example.com)