Macy's is on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all, they call it Mission Every One. It's their commitment to use their business brands to tackle the barriers to representation so, together, we can realize the potential of every one of us. Through their people, partners, products, and programs, Macy's is working to create a more equitable and sustainable future -- and empower more voice, choice, and ownership.
Developed in partnership with UNCF, the Macy’s Brighter Futures Scholarship will provide 180+ need-based scholarships of up to $5,000 each to African American undergraduate students attending any accredited 4-year HBCU. Award funds will be disbursed during the 2022-2023 academic year.
Applicants will be required to complete Part 1 of the application by the deadline. Selected semi-finalists will be contacted by UNCF by August 1 and invited to complete Part 2 of the application.
Applicants who do not meet all eligibility requirements will not be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
- Be Black/African American, and a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at any accredited 4-year HBCU for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by the applicant’s college or university.
Application Part 1: June 29 to July 21
- Applicants must complete a standard applicant profile that includes personal, educational, and demographic information.
- Applicants must upload all pages of their 2022-2023 Student Aid Report from their FAFSA.
- Applicants selected to advance to Part 2 of the application will be contacted by UNCF by August 1 and given a private application URL.
Application Part 2: August 1 to August 15
- Semi-finalists must submit the following:
- A statement describing extracurricular activities, honors and awards, and community service.
- A current official or unofficial academic transcript.
- Current Financial Aid Award Letter
- Two (2) 400-word essays (essay topics will be listed on the application).
- Semi-finalists will be notified of scholarship decisions in October 2022.
Application materials will not be accepted via email at any time. Questions about this scholarship that have not been answered above may be submitted to Brandi Williams. For login, password, or other account issues, please contact 202-810-0258 or email@example.com from 9am-5pm EST.