Quilt Endowed Scholarship Program was developed by Bowie and Helen Duncan in partnership with UNCF to provide a one-time, need-based scholarship to students who are pursuing a major in the field of education.
Applicants for the Quilt Endowed Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Major in the field of Education.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA") form and have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Enroll full-time, in priority, at any UNCF member college or university, other HBCU, or an accredited, U.S. located, four-year college or university in the fall of 2021.
For consideration, applicants must submit the online application complete with the following required application materials by the application due date of August 16, 2021.
- Current academic transcript.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Essay on personal statement of career interest
Letter of Recommendation/Reference
One letter of recommendation is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a non-relative. The letter of recommendation must be completed through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date of August 16, 2021. Emailed letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the letter of recommendation by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the letter of recommendation in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Selected recipients will receive a one-time, need-based scholarship award in the fall 2021.
For additional questions, please contact Girmu Habte