Willma H Davis has partnered with UNCF to establish a scholarship to encourage minority female students to pursue a future career in the STEM fields. Candidates must be classified as sophomore, junior, or senior in the Fall of 2017 and attend a UNCF-member institution. Preference will be given to students from Massachusetts, although all eligible students are encouraged to apply.
Completed applications include (all prompts and instructions found within body of application):
* most recent transcript (unofficial accepted)
* essay of at least 400 words
* unmet financial need (verified with school upon final selection)
* reference form
Eligibility criteria includes:
* 3.0 GPA or higher;
* majoring in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics);
* hold a classification of college sophomore, college junior, or college senior in Fall 2017; and
* full-time enrollment at a UNCF-member school.
Preference will be given to students from Massachusetts, but program is open to all US residents
A one time award up to $5,000 will be awarded for the 2017-18 academic year in August.
please note: your classification during the application process is for the academic year 2016-17 and it must be college freshman, sophomore or junior. No high school seniors (class of 2017) are eligible.
Please email your all questions to Kenya Gray.