The Spotify x PLUS1 for Black Creatives Fund Frequency Scholarship Program provides renewable two-year need-based scholarships to Black students attending any accredited college or university interested in pursuing a career in music. The application is now open for the first cohort of eight scholarships to be awarded that will provide aid to scholars for their junior and senior year. This year’s cohort of scholarships are awarded in honor of Spotify Frequency’s four ambassadors: Monique Blake, Archie Davis, Eve Fairley-Chickwe, and Tommy Brown.
Applicants for the program must meet the criteria below:
- Be Black/African American.
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by college or university.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- Have declared a major in music (e.g., music, music engineering, music therapy, music business, etc.).
- Be enrolled full-time at any accredited four-year college or university as a second-semester sophomore at the time of application.
- Be enrolled full-time at any accredited four-year college or university as a junior at the time of the initial award.
Students shall submit an online application for the program complete with:
- A five hundred (500) - word essay on their career interest in the music industry.
- Any involvement in community service and or leadership roles.
- A current transcript.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 12 weeks after the application due date.
Selected students will receive a need-based award up to $6,250.00 during the 2022-2023 school year. The scholarship will be renewed the following year if the student continues to meet eligibility criteria.
If you have questions about this scholarship, contact Mr. Wayne Wilson (email@example.com).