Credit Suisse is one of the world's leading financial services organizations. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, the firm employs more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations. With capabilities in wealth management and investment banking, Credit Suisse offers a variety of career paths in asset management, corporate functions, investment banking, sales and trading, technology, and more. Learn more about Credit Suisse’s culture: Influence tomorrow with us. - YouTube.
Credit Suisse continues to elevate their long-standing relationship with the people and families of North Carolina by using its platform to invest $1.2 million dollars in the next generation of North Carolina HBCU students. In conjunction with UNCF, Credit Suisse has established the Credit Suisse Scholars Program.
This program is designed for rising sophomores who have a demonstrated interest in business or finance and attending one of following HBCUs: North Carolina A&T State University, North Carolina Central University, or Winston Salem State University.
Scholarship recipients will receive a need-based scholarship, up to $5,000, for the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
- Have a required minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a 4.00 scale.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Be enrolled as a full-time college sophomore, attending one of the following HBCUs:
- North Carolina A&T State University
- North Carolina Central University
- Winston-Salem State University
- Must demonstrate in their activities, essay and/or major and course of study an interest in business or finance.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
- A resume including the student’s activities, leadership, involvement and awards
- Respond to two essay prompts, up to 500 words (see application for details).
- An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a non-relative. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
*Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application closing date.
If you have questions about this scholarship, contact Angela Mobley (email@example.com).