UNCF in conjunction with Dinwiddie Family Foundation presents the ‘Dinwiddie Family Foundation Loan Forgiveness Program.” Selected students will receive a one-time loan forgiveness scholarship of up to $11,000 payable directly to the guarantor.
Who Can Apply?
*African American college graduates who received their first bachelor’s degree in the spring (or summer term) of 2020. Students from any college are encouraged to apply but preference will be given to alumni of HBCUs.
* Permanent residents of Los Angeles County, CA, San Antonio, TX, or Oklahoma City, OK
* Cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or higher
* Applicants shall submit an online application for the Program with the following materials for the committee’s consideration:
a. A letter of recommendation from an individual who can attest to the applicant’s involvement and contributions to their community.
b. A one-page personal statement responding to the following:
Please complete a well-crafted, thoughtful personal essay on how this loan forgiveness program will impact you. Discuss who you are, your undergraduate experience and how your hometown plays a vital role in your development into the college graduate you are today.
c. An official transcript demonstrating the applicant’s cumulative GPA. The transcript should indicate graduation date and degree attainment. Note: Official Transcript will be opened by applicant and scanned into the proper location within the application. Please ensure that your degree and its date conferred are visible.
d. Verification of all forms of student loan debt through loan statements from each provider that show the current balance.
As you complete the application, please make note of the following:
- You may want to type your essay as a word document, checking for any grammatical errors, then copy and paste it into the template.
- Once you have advanced your application to the page in which you will click SUBMIT, be sure to thoroughly review your application prior to submission. If you do not click the submit application button, your application will not be received.
- Please note, only COMPLETED packets (Student Application and Reference Form) will advance for further review. It is the responsibility of the applicant to send your reference the instructions (mentioned to the right) AND ensure they have completed and submitted their portion.
Once an applicant has indicated their reference, that individual will be sent a reference code. If the reference code is not received within a week's time, please follow the pdf instructions to your right, or contact Ms. Kenya Gray (Kenya.Gray@uncf.org) prior to the program's closing date.
Allow 6-8 weeks from the program closing for decisions to be made. At that time, both selected and non-selected students will be notified accordingly.