The FivePoint Scholarship Program was established by the San Francisco Foundation in partnership with UNCF to provide scholarship opportunities to eligible African American undergraduate students at the University of California Berkeley.
Applicants for the FivePoint Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Enrolled full time as College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, or College Senior at the University of California Berkeley in the fall 2019;
- Possess a minimum cumulative weighted grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Aid form and have a demonstrated unmet need verified by the university;
- Be African American or of African descent;, and
- Majoring in any academic disciplines.
In addition, applicants must submit the FivePoint Scholarship Program application including:
- One letter of recommendation,
- Statement of career interest. Applicants must describe their interest/focus on community development, public service, affordable housing, sustainable development, or social architecture and how this relates to their studies;
- The most recent official transcript;
Select students will receive up to $2000 one-time award in the spring of 2020.
If you have any questions, contact Girmu Habte