The future is in the hands of those with the ability and desire to change the world. People like you. That is why we are co-sponsoring the AFSCME/UNCF/Harvard University LWP Union Scholars Program. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), has joined with Harvard University and UNCF to let those of you who qualify experience what it is like to be part of the labor movement. You can work on the front lines of a real union organizing campaign, where you will talk to workers about gaining a voice on the job, fair wages and benefits for themselves and their families ...by joining a union. You will get an opportunity to do the day-to-day work of outreach to workers by phone and on home visits, campaign research and material development. But the best part is that you will have a chance to make a difference in the lives of people. Plus, you will receive scholarship funding as well as have a real world experience that may help you see what lies in your future. Valid Driver's License required.
- 2.5 GPA on 4.0 scale
- College Sophomore or College Junior
- Eligible Majors*: American Studies, Anthropology, Economics, English, Ethnic Studies, History, Labor Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Women's Studies
- Attend a 4 year College/University
- Student Application (includes Trancript and Resume) and a Recommendation Form
* If your major is not listed and you are interested in applying, contact email@example.com.