Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, Meritage Homes has built more than 135,000 homes in multiple markets across the country. They believe that every family deserves to live better, smarter, and healthier. It’s why they are setting the new standard in home construction and design, and leading the way in energy-efficient homes. For the employees at Meritage Homes that make this all possible, we believe in having the same standards of quality and reward that make for a challenging and enjoyable career. All applicants are encouraged to visit meritagehomes.com/careers to learn more about Meritage Homes.
Developed in partnership with UNCF, the Meritage Homes Scholarship Program will provide need-based scholarships to rising college juniors studying any academic major, with preference given to applicants majoring in accounting, business, civil engineering, computer science, construction, economics, finance, human resources, information technology, marketing, real estate, and urban planning. This scholarship will be awarded for the 2021-2022 academic year, and is renewable for up to 1 year for awardees who continue to meet eligibility requirements.
- Be classified as a college sophomore for the spring 2021 semester.
- Be enrolled full-time as a college junior for the upcoming fall 2021 semester at any UNCF member institution or other HBCU.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a demonstrated unmet financial need, as verified by the applicant’s institution.
Application Must Include:
- An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
- A 1-page essay (see application for details).
- One letter of recommendation (must not be a friend or family member of the applicant).
Letter of Recommendation Troubleshooting
Applicants will invite references to submit a letter of recommendation during the application process. The applicant should also download the How to Submit a Letter of Recommendation supporting document (on the right side of this page), and email it to their reference for additional guidance. Emailed letters of recommendation to UNCF will not be accepted at any time.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions by October 31, 2021. Please contact Brandi Williams with questions about this scholarship that have not been answered above.