The UNCF/Best Buy Scholars Program is a multi-year partnership that seeks to achieve the following:
- * Reduce financial barriers to a college degree for low-income students with high academic and leadership promise who have significant financial need.
- * Create a pipeline of college-educated minority professionals poised to assume fulfilling careers in the consumer electronics retail industry
* Scholarship – Up to $20,000 per academic year, renewable for up to two years
* College Success Coach – aimed at supporting the student’s academic progress and professional development
* Online Learning Community – online resources to empower and prepare scholars for academic and personal success
* Early Career Coaching
* Attendance at UNCF Student Leadership Conference
* Best Buy E-Mentor
* Possible Internship Opportunities at Best Buy Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
* Preference will be given to students who are alum participants in a Best Buy Teen Tech Center or key Best Buy non-profit partner. Make sure to identify your participation from the drop-down menu in the application.
* The selection process will focus first on students from Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri or Ohio captured from your permanent state address entered in the application.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must be African-American, be enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior for academic year 2021-2022 at Bowie State University, Deleware State University, Howard University, North Carolina A&T University or Tuskegee University.
* Must have a minimum cumulative high school 2.5 GPA (unweighted) on a 4.0 scale.
*Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA")
* Open to all majors - with the exception of majors focusing on career paths to become doctors, nurses, vets or teachers.
* Must upload current Spring 2021 transcript.
* Must complete the online application - Click the "Apply" tab above to get started!
Contact Crystal Terry - firstname.lastname@example.org