Designed to unite, empower and inspire the next generation of creators, the adidas Legacy program is a high school basketball platform that empowers student athletes, attending 27 high schools from underrepresented communities in New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles, to become mentors and changemakers in their own community.
In partnership with UNCF, adidas has pledged $1 million to the adidas Legacy Scholarship. This need-based scholarship is designed to meet the unmet financial needs of graduating high school seniors attending one of the 27 high schools participating in the adidas Legacy program, who are interested in enrolling full-time at traditional and non-traditional post secondary schools (e.g. four-year colleges and universities, two-year community colleges, trade/technical schools and certification programs).
Preference will be given to participants of the adidas Legacy Program.
This scholarship will be awarded in the 2021 - 2022 academic year.
- Have a required minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a citizen, national, or permanent reside of the U.S.
- Be a 2021 graduating senior attending any one of the 27 high school participants of the Adidas Legacy Program
- Plan to be enrolled as a full-time, first-year student in Fall 2021, attending a U.S. located, four-year accredited college or university, two-year community college, trade/technical school or certificate program.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Have demonstrated community service.
- Declare no interest or intent to play National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”) varsity sports.
- A full copy of the 2021 – 2022 school year FAFSA student aid report (SAR) or applicable financial aid form.
- A high school transcript.
- A letter of admission to enroll in a U.S.-located, four-year, accredited college or university, two-year community college, trade/technical school or certificate program.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
- A video submission of no more than two (2) minutes in length (see application for details).
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The recommender must be a non-relative. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application due date.
If you have questions regarding this scholarship, contact Angela Mobley (email@example.com).