This scholarship program has been created to provide three merit-based scholarships in the amount of $3,000 for the 2022-2023 academic school year, to entering college freshmen who are members of a congregation which is in covenant with the American Baptist Churches of New Jersey or Florida (ABCNJ) member churches and who will attend any accredited four-year college or university.
Applicants for the Program must:
- Have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and submit a final official or unofficial high school transcript.
- Be an 'active member' of a congregation which is in covenant with ABCNJ located specifically in the states of New Jersey or Florida.
- Be an entering college freshman who has been accepted at any UNCF member institution, other HBCU or an accredited four-year institution and submit a letter of admission from the college/university where the student will be enrolled full time the fall of 2022.
Eligible applicants upon completion of their application will also need to submit:
- A letter of recommendation from a church administrator/leader who is from a congregation which is in covenant with ABCNJ;
- A one-page personal statement of the student's desired career interest upon the completion of their undergraduate degree;
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender, the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
For questions, please email Jeff Darden II.