Discover Financial Services Program provides scholarship and internship opportunities to students who meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Major in Computer Engineering, Computer Information System, Computer Science, Computer Science/MIS, Engineering Technology, Information Management System, Information Technology, Software Engineering, System Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Analytics Risk Management, Supply Chain Logistics, Economics or Other STEM related majors.
- Be a first semester sophomore beginning Fall 2017.
- Enroll full-time at any UNCF member institution or other accredited HBCUs.
- Be a US citizen.
In addition, applicants are required to submit:
1. Essay describing about their personal statement of career interest,
2. One letter of recommendation from faculty member who is familiar with the applicant's academic abilities,
3. Most recent official transcript.
Selected finalists will receive $7,500 scholarship. The selected finalists are required to accept internship positions located in Riverwoods, IL. The scholarship and internship are renewable for two additional years upon successful completion of the internship as determined by a positive letter of recommendation from their internship provider and/or their Discover company mentor.
Discover Financial Services Program provides exciting paid-internship opportunities. Accommodation expenses are paid by Discover Financial Services. However, students are required to pay for their own transportation.
If you have any question, contact Girmu Habte