AAP-UNCF Internship Program
The AAP-UNCF Internship Program, sponsored by the Association of American Publishers (AAP), is seeking college juniors and seniors with an interest in pursuing a career in the publishing industry and whose college experience demonstrates leadership ability and commitment. Candidates will be selected to intern remotely at AAP member companies for the summer.
- * Paid 2022 remote summer internships at leading publishing companies
- * Scholars will be matched with mentors from the company where they are placed
All qualified participants of the AAP-UNCF Internship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- * Student of African American, Asian, Latinx, and Native American descent enrolled full time at a four-year college or university
- * Classified as juniors (rising seniors) or graduating seniors
- * Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- * U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- * All majors are accepted
- * Demonstrate strong writing skills measured by providing a graded writing sample
- * Possess demonstrated leadership skills and community service involvement
Students will submit an online application for the program, complete with a resume, cover letter, current transcript, 2 short placement screening questions and a graded writing sample.
- * Association of American Publishers
- * Elsevier (RELX)
- * Hachette Book Group
- * HarperCollins Publishers
- * Macmillan Publishers
- * Scholastic
- * W.W. Norton & Company
- * Bloomsbury
- * Peachtree Publishers
- * Holiday House Publishing
Please review this short article for more information about specific publishing departments candidates may select when answering the short placement screening questions in the application.
If you have any questions, please email Carly.Munn@uncf.org.