The FedEx/UNCF Scholarship Program provides scholarship opportunities for high school seniors entering any Historically Black College or University commencing Fall 2016. The scholarship program is funded by the FedEx Corporation and provides up to $4,000 to eligible applicants who meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be a graduating high school senior at the time of application.
2. Applicants must have a cumulative (unweighted) high school grade point average of 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
3. Applicants must enroll and remain enrolled at a four year Historically Black College or University for the duration of their matriculation.
4. Applicants must have a demonstrated, unmet, financial need as determined by the information on your Student Aid Report
In addition, applicants must submit the following application materials by the application deadline, June 3, 2016 (11:59pm EASTERN Daylight Time):
1.Two letters of recommendation: a) One from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic abilities. b) One from a civic or community leader.
2. Well structured, cohesive essay. For details, please go to the essay section of the application.
3. High school transcript. For details, please see instructions. Please upload an unofficial copy into the application. Do NOT mail documents.
4. Letter of acceptance from an HBCU for Fall 2016. Proof of enrollment will be obtained upon final candidacy of the applicant and verified prior to any fund disbursement but no sooner than August 1, 2016.
This is a renewable scholarship. Applicants must maintain eligiblity annually for renewal consideration.
Please email your all questions to Kenya Gray.