The UNCF/Teradyne STEM Scholarship Program was established to provide support to Black/African American students who are attending an HBCU, classified as a rising junior or rising senior and majoring in a STEM field.
Teradyne creates automated testing and manufacturing products and solutions (https://jobs.teradyne.com/teradyne) that ensure that products quickly get to volume production and into the hands of consumers and businesses. At Teradyne we help to ensure that the products the world relies on for communications, information, and entertainment work the way they were designed…every time.
Applicants for the UNCF/Teradyne STEM Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be Black/African American.
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Be current college sophomore or college junior and enroll full time as college junior or college senior in the following academic year of 2022-2023.
- Major in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (“STEM”) related field.
- Be attending an UNCF member institution or any other accredited four-year HBCU
For consideration, applicants for the UNCF/Teradyne STEM Scholarship Program must submit the online application complete with the following required application materials by the application due date of March 31, 2022.
- Current academic transcript.
- Academic reference from a professor.
- Essay on why applicants are interested in pursuing a career in STEM.
Letter of Recommendation/Reference
A letter of recommendation/reference from a professor is required to complete this application. The letter of recommendation/reference must be completed through the online application system by the application due date of March 31, 2022. Emailed letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the letter of recommendation by entering all recommender information (name and email address) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the letter of recommendation in the Application System. Should the recommender could not receive the automated instruction through their email address, they can follow the attached instructions, to the right hand side, under supporting documents, to write and summit the letter of reference.
Applicants will receive an "Invite References" reminder, until a recommender is invited.
Winners for the UNCF/Teradyne STEM Scholarship Program will receive a one time need-based award, up to $5000 in the 2022-2023 academic year.
For additional questions, please contact DeAndre' Elerson