Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, Meritage Homes has built more than 135,000 homes in multiple markets across the country. They believe that every family deserves to live better, smarter, and healthier. It’s why they are setting the new standard in home construction and design, and leading the way in energy-efficient homes. For the employees at Meritage Homes that make this all possible, we believe in having the same standards of quality and rewards that make for a challenging and enjoyable career. All applicants are encouraged to visit meritagehomes.com/careers to learn more about Meritage Homes.
Developed in partnership with UNCF, the Meritage Homes Scholarship Program will provide need-based scholarships to rising college juniors and seniors studying any academic major, with a preference for applicants majoring in accounting, business, civil engineering, computer science, construction, economics, finance, human resources, information technology, marketing, real estate, and urban planning. Awards will be disbursed in the 2022-2023 academic year.
Applicants who do not meet all eligibility and application requirements will not be considered for this scholarship opportunity. Applicant contact information (email/phone) and resume will be shared with the scholarship Grantor.
- Be Black/African American, and a US citizen or permanent US resident.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be currently classified as a college sophomore or junior, and will be enrolled as a full-time college junior or senior at any UNCF member institution or other accredited HBCU for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a demonstrated unmet financial need, as verified by the applicant’s institution.
- An official or unofficial current college transcript.
- A current resume.
- A one-page essay (see application for details).
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions by October 1, 2022. Please contact Brandi Williams with questions about this scholarship that have not been answered above.