The Entertainment Industry Needs You!
Apply for an Internship with The Walt Disney Company Today!
The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program, supported by a $1 million commitment from the Walt Disney Company, is expanding its program by providing both scholarships and internships to high-achieving African American students across the country. This program offers career readiness tools to assist students in achieving their goals in the entertainment industry through experiential learning during an internship with the Walt Disney company for Summer 2021.
The goals of The Walt Disney Company UNCF Internship Program are to help create a diverse pipeline of college-educated professionals poised to assume off-camera careers in entertainment and to help increase the number of underrepresented minorities employed in the entertainment industry through the summer internship experience. Juniors selected will receive a $2,500 scholarship and an internship working directly with The Walt Disney Company during Summer 2021.
• African American junior enrolled full-time at a four-year college or university
• Student must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
• Students must have an interest in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry (e.g., film, television, hospitality management, journalism, media production, digital media, etc.) as demonstrated by the application essay.
• Students must be available for the full length of the 2021 summer internship.
• Scholarship Assistance- Students selected for The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholarship and Internship Program will receive a $2500 scholarship the semester following successful completion of their internship.
• Mentorship- Students selected for this program will be provided mentorship opportunities and career planning assistance. Engagement will occur through the Disney Virtual Classroom and/or in person, when plausible. Scholars will receive career readiness and road mapping assistance from their mentors.
• Career Planning- Career planning assistance will provide all participating students with resume building tips, coaching for job interviews, and additional workplace readiness development to help inform and direct their post-college transition into the workforce.
• Summer Internship- 25 students will be selected for the summer 2021 internship program. This is a paid internship opportunity that includes housing. Please note if social distancing and remote work is still the norm, the internship will be virtual.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Students are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
To be eligible, students must submit the following:
1. Student Application (include essay, transcript, leadership, accomplishments)
For more information, contact: Melissa Jordan, Director Professional Development Programs at email@example.com.