The Ralph and Fanny Ellison Scholarship was established to financially support students who are from NY studying English or Music.
Candidates for this scholarship are expected to be involved in school and community leadership and have exhibited qualities of high character and integrity.
For award consideration, applicants must meet the following requirements by the application deadline. For details on how to submit application components, please go to the instruction section of the application.
1. An official grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Must be classified as a sophomore at the time of application and enrolled full time at any accredited college or university with preference given to students at HBCU's.
3. A 500 word personal essay that describes the legacy of Ralph Ellison and his impact on the world today.
4. Applicants are required to complete the FAFSA and demonstrate an unmet financial need as verified by the financial aid office of your institution.
5. Student must be a Literature/English or Music Major.
6. Student Application and a Reference Form must be submitted by the deadline.
Applicants must be permanent residents of New York.
If you have any questions, please email Kenya Gray.