The Entertainment Industry Needs You!
Apply for an Internship with The Walt Disney Company Today!
The Walt Disney UNCF Corporate Scholars Program, supported by a $1 million commitment from the Walt Disney Company, is providing both scholarships and internships to high-achieving African American students across the country. This program offers career readiness tools to assist students in achieving their goals in the entertainment industry through experiential learning during an internship with The Walt Disney Company for Summer 2022.
The goals of The Walt Disney UNCF Internship Program are to help create a diverse pipeline of college-educated professionals poised to assume careers in the entertainment industry in a variety of business areas, and to help increase the number of underrepresented minorities employed in the entertainment industry through the summer internship experience. Juniors selected will receive a $5,000 scholarship and an internship working directly with The Walt Disney Company during Summer 2022.
• African American junior enrolled full-time at a four-year college or university
• Student must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
• Students must have an interest in pursuing a career at The Walt Disney Company in one or more areas (e.g., film, television, journalism, media production, digital media, finance, technology, education, sports marketing, animation, etc.) as demonstrated by the application essay.
• Students must be available for the full length of the 2022 summer internship.
• Scholarship Assistance- Students selected for The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholarship and Internship Program will receive a $5000 scholarship the semester following successful completion of their internship.
• Mentorship- Students selected for this program will be provided mentorship opportunities and career planning assistance.
• Career Planning- Career planning assistance will provide all participating students with resume building tips, coaching for job interviews, and additional workplace readiness development to help inform and direct their post-college transition into the workforce.
• Summer Internship- 25 students will be selected for the summer 2022 internship program. This is a paid internship opportunity that includes housing and a relocation stipend, if the summer internship is in person. Please note if social distancing and remote work is still the norm, the internship will be virtual, and no additional stipend will be provided.
Please note the vaccination requirements for the Disney internship program: As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees.
A virtual information session will be held Thursday, September 23rd at 12p eastern time. Please see the registration information below to attend. This information session is open to all.
Register in advance for this webinar:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Students are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
To be eligible, students must submit the following:
1. Student Application (include essay, transcript, leadership, accomplishments)
Students that complete this phase of the application will be invited to complete phase 2 of the application which includes a prerecorded interview. Both phases of the application will be required for full consideration of this internship program.
For more information, contact: Melissa Jordan, Director Professional Development Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.