The CAA Foundation harnesses the power and reach of the entertainment industry to create positive social change. They have partnered with UNCF to provide scholarships for incoming freshmen from the greater Nashville, greater Los Angeles, and New York metro areas, with preference given to students planning to pursue careers in the entertainment or sports industries. Selected students will receive a $5,000.00 scholarship for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be an incoming freshman for the fall 2020 semester, and accepted and enrolled in an accredited 4-year college/university.
2. Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
3. Have a demonstrated unmet financial need and have completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
4. Reside in, or be a permanent resident in, one of the following areas: greater Los Angeles, CA; greater Nashville, TN; or New York, NY metropolitan.
5. Applicant must submit a letter of recommendation, a current transcript, and a 1-page personal statement of career interest.
Personal Statement Guidance
Your personal statement must be between 300-600 words. You are encouraged to draft your personal statement in a word processing program (like MS Word) to check for spelling and grammar, then copy and paste the text into the application.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
One 1-page letter of recommendation is required to complete this application and is due by the application deadline. During the application, applicants will be prompted to "Invite References" by entering the name and email address of the recommender. This will send an automated email to the recommender notifying them of the recommendation request and providing instructions to submit the recommendation online. Applicants will receive reminders to "Invite References" until a recommender is invited.
The recommender must not be related to the applicant. Recommendations will only be accepted through the online system. Applicants should invite references as soon as possible to give recommenders enough time to submit the recommendation. UNCF is not responsible for ensuring recommenders meet the application deadline.
If your recommender needs further assistance with this process, they should download the Supporting Document on the right side of this page and follow the directions listed.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 6 weeks of the program close date. Please contact Brandi Williams with questions about this scholarship.