UNCF Battelle Corporate Scholars Program
The UNCF Battelle Corporate Scholars Program sponsored in partnership with the Battelle Memorial Institute, will provide summer 2021 paid summer internship opportunities and financial assistance to African American college juniors meeting the below eligibility requirements.
- *Opportunity to interview for a Paid 2021 summer internship at Battelle.
- *One-year $2,500 merit scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- *Participation in UNCF Student Leadership Conference (SLC) | Students selected for an internship will participate in a professional development and leadership conference prior to the start of their internship. The SLC aims to provide a framework and forum for equipping students with the skill sets that they will need to be successful as interns and early career professionals.
During SLC, participants will:
* Enhance critical thinking skills
* Develop stronger project management abilities
* Improve verbal and written communication
* Sharpen workplace productivity
* Hone quality workplace readiness and etiquette
* Improve networking skills
* Experience highly motivating industry, corporate and national leaders
- *African American with junior academic standing at time of application
- *Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- *U.S. citizen
- *Enrolled full time at U.S. located, accredited, four-year institution
- *Major or have an academic focus in the following disciplines: Business, supply chain, human resources, or Business related field.
- *Provide a current resume with the online application including education, work history, extracurricular activities, honors awards, and community service
Students shall submit an online application, complete with a resume, a one-page personal statement of career goals that specifically addresses why they are considering the UNCF Battelle Corporate Scholars Program, and a current transcript.
For more information, contact: Melissa Jordan, Director of Professional Development Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.