Publix Super Markets, Inc. (Publix), the largest employee-owned company in the U.S. with more than 225,000 associates, currently operates over 1,270 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. For 24 consecutive years, we have been recognized by Fortune as a great place to work. In addition, our dedication to superior quality and customer service is recognized among the top in the grocery business.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where everyone is a valued part of our family. Embracing diversity and the unique voices it provides drives us toward progress, innovation, and excellence, making Publix the premier quality food retailer in the world.
In continued support of our communities, Publix has partnered with UNCF to establish the Publix Cares Scholarship Program. The Publix Cares Scholarship Program provides 45 need-based scholarships of up to $2,000, to students enrolled full-time in one of the nine (9) institutions listed below in the eligibility requirements.
Students will be awarded for the 2021 - 2022 school year.
1. Must be a Black/African American, Latinx, Native American, Asian American or Pacific Islander.
2. Must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA on the 4.0 scale.
3. Must file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year.
4. Must have demonstrated unmet financial need, verified by the student’s college or university’s financial aid office.
5. Must be enrolled full-time at one of the following Publix - selected institutions.
· Atlanta Technical College
· Bethune-Cookman University
· Clark Atlanta University
· Florida A&M University
· Florida Memorial University
· Morehouse College
· Savannah State University
· Spelman College
· University of Central Florida
Preference shall be given to applicants who will be enrolled as juniors or seniors during the fall 2021 term.
· Applicants must submit via UNCF’s online scholarship application portal by June 30, 2021 All parts of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline.
· Transcript - Applicants must submit a current academic transcript.
· Essay – Applicants must submit a 500 to750 word essay online, answering the question, “How have your personal or academic experiences influenced your career goals?”
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.