The DTE Energy Foundation Scholarship Program is restricted to college juniors or seniors who are currently enrolled at UNCF member college or universities.
In addition, eligible applicants must:
- Maintain 3.0 grade point average or better on 4.0 scale
- Have a permanent residence in the Western Michigan area (Zip codes 49000-49599)
- Declared major in mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering, information technology, or business
- Complete FAFSA and have a demonstrated unmet need as verified by the financial aid office
- Be college juniors or seniors enrolled as a full time at the time of application at a UNCF-affiliated institution .
In addition, for award consideration applicants must write 1-page essay describing their career goals and aspirations and how this scholarship will assist in achieving those goals, submit one letter of recommendation from a professor or counselor, attach a copy of most recent unofficial or official transcripts, and complete the online application by the deadline.
Selected recipients will receive up to a $5,000 need-based 2-year renewable scholarship award (for juniors) during the 2019-2020 academic school year.
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
To give your recommender, the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation.
For assistance with reference, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
For questions, please email Jeff Darden II.