The BASF Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina Site is the North American headquarters for the BASF Agricultural Solutions Division and BASF Plant Science LP. The RTP site is also the location of BASF’s Global Strategic Marketing for Herbicides and Insecticides and Global Insecticide Research and Development. BASF RTP’s African American Employee Group (AAEG) established this scholarship to maintain a pipeline of top talent.
This scholarship is available to Black, Freshman students who are currently enrolled in a four-year, accredited college or university in the continental U.S., majoring in STEM-related field, Business (Marketing, Sales), Communications, Operations, Supply Chain,Logistics, and maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Preference will be given to:
- Students graduated from a North Carolina High School
- Students being sponsored by a BASF Corporation employee.
Applicants meeting all criteria will be forwarded to the BASF AAEG Scholarship Committee and RTP AAEG Leadership Team for review. Selected applicants will receive a $2,500 award for the 2020-21 Academic Year. Individual award amounts will be based on merit and criteria-based ranking based on application requirements.
1. Two Letters of Recommendation:(1) from a faculty member familiar with the Applicant's academic abilities and (1) from a civic or community leader.
2. A Personal Essay using no more than 250 words. For details, please go to the essay section of the application.
3. A copy of Applicant’s most recent College Transcript.
4. A copy of Applicant’s High School transcript or GED certificate.
Note: If you have relatives employed by BASF Corporation, please provide their information in the respective fields in the application form. If you are being sponsored by a BASF Corporation employee, please upload the completed BASF Sponsorship Form with your application.
First time users or applicants must register or create a profile before they complete the application.
Please email William Dunham if you have questions about the application forms.