The Walter and Shelia Umphrey Last Dollar Endowed Scholarship has been created to benefit students from the Golden Triangle communities in Texas and should be used to help close the financial gap for college juniors and seniors attending:
- Huston-Tillotson University (Austin),
- Wiley College (Marshall),
- Texas College (Tyler),
- Jarvis Christian College (Hawkins),
- Baylor University (Waco), or
- Lamar University (Beaumont).
In addition, the criteria for the scholarship are the following:
* Students must have a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
* Must complete a FAFSA and have a demonstrated an unmet need
* Submit an online application
* Submit (1) Letter of Recommendation
* Submit (1) Page personal statement of career interest
* Submit a current academic transcript
Eligible applicants must have permanent residency in the state of Texas in the following cities which comprise the 'Golden Triangle'. They are indicated by the zip codes below:
77627, 77651, 77619, 77640, 77641, 77642, 77643, 77701, 77702, 77703, 77704, 77705, 77706, 77707, 77708, 77710, 77713, 77720, 77725, 77726, 77610, 77630, 77631, 77632,
A Last Dollar Scholarship is a need-based "gap-filling" award. It is awarded when a family's expected family contribution (EFC) and financial aid package total are less than the cost of attendance; resulting in unmet financial need. Scholarship awards will vary according to the financial need of each applicant, and after the first award year, students will continue to receive assistance as long as they meet the guidelines set forth.
Contact Yvonne Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.