The CVS Health Foundation Health Care Careers Scholarship was established in collaboration with UNCF to provide need-based renewable scholarships to qualified African American or Latinx students for their junior year beginning Fall of 2022.
Application Criteria Requirement
Applicants for the program must meet the criteria below:
* Be a junior in the Fall 2022 semester at the time of the initial award.
* Be a Black or Latinx student enrolled full-time at any accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
* Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA") form
* Have an unmet financial need as verified by the student's college or university of enrollment
* Have an interest in pursuing a career in the health care sector
* Be pursuing a major in pharmacy, nursing, business management, biology, biochemistry, finance, operations/supply chain, data analytics, information technology, actuary, or human resources.
To be eligible for renewal of the scholarship, recipients must:
* Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
* Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA") form
* Continue to have an unmet financial need as verified by the student's college or university of enrollment
* Continue to have an interest in pursuing a career in the health care sector
* Continue to be pursuing a major in pharmacy, nursing, business management, biology, biochemistry, finance, operations/supply chain, data analytics, information technology, actuary, or human resources.
1. Students shall submit an online application for the program complete with:
2. A one-page personal statement of career interest in the health care industry or about the student's community service in the health care industry
3. A resume of activities and leadership skills
4. A current transcript
5. An optional non-relative letter of recommendation
Letter of Recommendation / Reference Instructions
A non-relative letter of recommendation (LOR) is optional to complete this application. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited. If the recommender did not receive the automated instructions, they can follow the attached instruction on the right hand panel of this page to write and submit the letter of recommendation.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application due date.
Selected students will receive $10,000.00 need-based award in the Fall of 2022. The scholarship will be renewed in the subsequent year based on availabilty of funds and if the student continues to meet the criteria.
All application materials must be received by the application deadline of April 28th, 2022. If you have questions regarding this scholarship, contact email@example.com.