The Northern Ohio Scholarship was created to provide a merit-based scholaship award for students who are permanent residents of Northern Ohio.
To be eligible, students must be a high school senior, a college freshmen, a sophomore or junior. Students will be awarded in the Fall of 2022.
Application Criteria Requirement
- Possess a minimum cumulative weighted grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Reside in or be a permanent resident of Northern Ohio.
- Be a graduating 2022 high school senior at the time of the application or a rising sophomore, junior, or senior, who is planning to enroll or enrolled as a full-time student at any UNCF member institution or any accredited four-year HBCU.
Students shall submit an online application for the program complete with:
- A 500 word scholarship essay outlining career narrative outlining career aspirations, leadership experiences, and most significant achievements.
- A Current transcript.
- A letter of recommendation.
Letter of Recommendation / Reference Instructions
A non-relative letter of recommendation (LOR) is required to complete this application. The LOR must be made through the online Applicant System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted. Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the LOR by entering all recommender information (name and email) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the LOR in the Applicant System. Applicants will receive "Invite References" reminders until a recommender is invited. If the recommender did not receive the automated instructions, they can follow the attached instruction on the right hand panel of this page to write and submit the letter of recommendation.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 12 weeks after the application due date.
Selected students will receive a $2,000.00 merit-based award in the Fall of 2022. All application materials must be received by the application deadline of June 17, 2022. If you have questions regarding this scholarship, contact email@example.com.