At Sprout Social, we are building software that is made to last. Our 20,000+ clients rely on us daily to reliably connect them with their customers, so scalability and performance are top of mind. Sprout Social is used by companies and organizations like Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Subaru who rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Sprout Social has partnered with UNCF to establish the Sprout Social UNCF Scholarship Program. This scholarship is focused on providing merit-based scholarships to college seniors who exemplify strong leadership abilities and demonstrate interest in computer science or software engineering. Scholarship recipients will receive the opportunity to apply and interview for a full-time role at Sprout Social that would start in the summer of 2022.
Potential Career Opportunity:
If you’re interested in being considered for a career opportunity at Sprout Social, all scholarship recipients get an opportunity to apply and interview for a full-time role on our engineering team.
In our engineering rotational program for new graduates, you’ll be embedded as a member of our cross-functional engineering teams in an Agile development environment, and work across multiple engineering disciplines (back-end, front-end, QA, or mobile). Our engineers work in tandem with product designers and product managers to drive our product initiatives to successful outcomes. Our small teams (7-10 people) provide a friendly and supportive atmosphere to learn while shipping production software.
Code quality is an essential ingredient to keeping our platform flexible and rapidly reacting to changes in the market and social media networks. We use a variety of technologies, like Java, Python, MySQL, Cassandra, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, NSQ, Docker, and Kubernetes, to ensure our systems execute at scale, and React and Redux to build intuitive user experiences. We’re looking for creative, collaborative and inquisitive learners to build great software with us.
Scholarship recipients will receive a scholarship for up to $11,000.00 for the 2021 - 2022 academic year.
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Reside or be a permanent resident of the United States.
- Be an African American college senior graduating in May 2022 attending any accredited four-year college, majoring in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Preference shall be given to a college senior attending Howard University, North Carolina AT&T or Georgia Tech, majoring in Computer Science or Software Engineering who is interested in working in the Chicago area.
- A one-page resume including the student’s activities, leadership, involvement, awards, and level of proficiency in different programming languages.
- An official current academic transcript.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application closing date.
If you have questions about this scholarship, contact Angela Mobley (firstname.lastname@example.org).