Developed in partnership with UNCF, the Alpha Gamma Boulé Foundation Scholarship program was created to award merit-based scholarships to African American men who are rising college undergraduate students and residents of Alameda County in California.
- Be an African American male.
- Be currently classified as a graduating high school senior, or a college freshman, sophomore, or junior.
- Be enrolled full-time for the fall 2021 semester at any accredited 4-year college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a resident of Alameda County in California (County cities: Alameda, Berkeley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro, Union City. Unincorporated areas: Ashland, Castro Valley, Fairview, San Lorenzo, Sunol).
Application Must Include:
- An official or unofficial current academic transcript.
- A 1-page essay (see application for details).
- One letter of recommendation (must not be a friend or family member of the applicant).
Letter of Recommendation Troubleshooting:
Applicants will "invite" references to submit a letter of recommendation during the application process. The applicant should also download the How to Submit a Letter of Recommendation supporting document (on the right side of this page), and email it to their reference(s). Emailed letters of recommendation to UNCF will not be accepted at any time.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications by the deadline will be notified of scholarship decisions by October 31, 2021. Please contact Brandi Williams with questions about this scholarship that have not been answered above.