Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation partnered with UNCF to provide a scholarship opportunity for students from the state of Michigan. The Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation was founded by Mrs. Eda U. Gerstacker in 1957, in memory of her husband. Its primary purpose is to carry on, indefinitely, financial aid to charities of all types supported by Mr. and Mrs. R.M. Gerstacker during their lifetimes.
To be eligible for this scholarship opportunity, candidates must:
* Reside or be a permanent resident of the state of Michigan
* Be enrolled as a full-time student attending any U.S. located accredited 4-year non-profit college or university
* Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
* Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university
* Online application
* One-page personal statement of career interest & goals
* Current official or unofficial transcript
* One (1) letter of recommendation
Please Note the Following Guidelines on "How to Invite Reference/Recommender?"
One letter of recommendation is required for a complete application. The recommender must not be related to you. The recommendation form must be submitted before or by the deadline.
In order to give your recommender, the maximum amount of time to submit his/her recommendation, you should enter all information for your recommender (name and e-mail) as early as possible. This Application System will remind you to "Invite References" until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. For assistance with the reference process, please see the attached supporting document to the right.
For questions, please email Jeff Darden II