WarnerMedia, LLC has partnered with UNCF to establish a scholarship to support students during the 2021-2022 academic year. This one-time, need-based scholarship is open to African-American students attending a four-year HBCU, majoring in media, communications, or related fields. Four need-based scholarships will be disbursed up to the amount of $2,205.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- * The applicant must be African- American.
- * The applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- * The applicant must complete a FAFSA form.
- * The applicant must have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by the college or university.
- * The applicant must be a college freshman.
- * The applicant must be enrolled full-time at an HBCU.
* Applicants must submit all application parts, via UNCF’s online portal by September 1, 2021.
* Transcript - Applicants must submit a current academic transcript (official or unofficial).
* Essay – Applicants must submit an essay that is 500 words or less online, on the applicant's career interest.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance
1. One letter of recommendation is required to complete this application. The letter of recommendation must be made through the UNCF online application system and must be received by the application deadline. Letter of recommendations that are emailed will not be accepted.
2. Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the request by entering all of the recommender’s information (name and email). The recommender will be sent instructions at the email address provided, with guidance on how to submit the recommendation in the online application system. Applicants will receive "invite reference" reminders until a recommender is invited or has accepted.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.