Credit Suisse is one of the world's leading financial services organizations. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, the firm employs more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations. With capabilities in wealth management and investment banking, Credit Suisse offers a variety of career paths in asset management, corporate functions, investment banking, sales and trading, technology, and more. Learn more about Credit Suisse’s culture: Influence tomorrow with us. - YouTube.
Credit Suisse continues to elevate their long-standing relationship with the people and families of North Carolina by using its platform to invest $1.2 million dollars in the next generation of North Carolina HBCU students.
Developed in partnership with UNCF, the Credit Suisse Scholars Program will provide need-based scholarships to rising college sophomores who demonstrate an interest in business or finance, and attend North Carolina A&T State University, North Carolina Central University, or Winston-Salem State University. Award funds will be disbursed in the 2022-2023 academic year. Scholarships may be renewed in the junior and senior years for recipients who qualify.
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENTED TO JULY 21, 2022
Applicants who do not meet all eligibility and application requirements will not be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be currently classified as a college freshman, and will be enrolled as a full-time college sophomore for the 2022-2023 academic year at one of the following HBCUs:
- North Carolina A&T State University
- North Carolina Central University
- Winston-Salem State University
- Must demonstrate an interest in business or finance in the essay, resume, and/or academic major.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a demonstrated unmet financial need, as verified by the applicant’s institution.
- An official or unofficial current college transcript.
- One 500-750 word essay (see application for details).
- A current resume.
- Optional: Applicants may submit one letter of recommendation from a non-relative to enhance their application; a letter of recommendation is not required.
Applicant contact information may be shared with the scholarship Grantor.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions by October 1, 2022. Please contact Brandi Williams if you have a question about this scholarship program that has not been answered above.